Teaching Practice

Procedures of Teaching

After finished my lesson plan and with the approval of my mentor and other teachers, they arranged my teaching schedule. I got the opportunity to teach in class M.1/1 and M.1/2 which are classes with IEC (Intensive English Course) program. I teached for one meeting each class with a duration 50 minutes per meeting. When i teach, i accompanied by the mathematics teachers. They observed my teaching and helped me to handle if there any language that difficult to understood by the students, since the mathematical language is quite different with the daily language. I teach Sector Arc Length and Area, and i used the pizza as the representative for the sector.
After i explain the topics, i gave the students a worksheet that they have to do it by themselves. While they do the worksheet, me and the teachers get around seeing the students work and helped them if they have any difficulties.
Then, when the time is over i asked some students to write the result on the board and presented it to the other students. and always ask the students in case they have a different answer or they have a question about their friends' result.


Time Management and Organizing Activities

I divide three learning activities based on my lesson plan, that is:
5 minutes opening
40 minutes main activities
5 minutes closing activities
When i practiced the teaching, i used a powerpoint to make the topic easier to understand by the students.

Problem-Solving

When teaching, there are some things that must be considered as a teacher, such as: students' focuses, students' ability, and some mistakes made by the students and how to solve that.
Some students look confused when they want to ask, because they don't know how to ask.
Some students having difficulty while working on the worksheet that given because they don't understand the language. But in the end they can did it well, and it makes me feel happy.
I'm so grateful because the math teachers are really helped me along this program.

Classroom Management

I have worried about the classroom management before i teach. Because i don't know they will understand what i am going to say or not. But what a relief, they can understand what i say and understand the instructions. For getting the students attention, i have to louder my voice and have to speak slowly so that they can understand what i say. My mentor and the math teachers are giving me some advice to get attention from the students, all i need to do is make an interested learning. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cultural Excursion

Summary & Suggestion