Summary & Suggestion

Purpose of Practicum

SEA-Teacher program is one of my dream when enteri UPI my university. This program gives a chance to the student teachers to practice teaching abroad. The SEA-Teacher Pilot Project program is different from the previous batch, this project was held with a new member that is Japan.
This program gives me a lot of valuable experiences that will be worthwhile for my future. I have learned how to instruct the students thinking skill form this practicum. I have learned to be more confident to teach not only in my country but also in another country. This program not only make an impact for teaching skill but also for the knowledge about the culture of the other country. From this program i can improve my teaching skill, improve my english skill and also public speaking skill.

Procedures of Practicum

The duration of the practicum is 4 weeks. The first week is time for me to observed the teachers, the second week is time for me to plan the lesson plan, because the lesson plan is very important for teacher as a guide to teach in class, the third week is time for me to teach, and the last week for evaluation the activities. So, before i practiced teaching in the class, i have to observed how the teachers teach and planned the lesson plan as my preparation for teaching practice. The evaluation from the teachers are very useful for me, because i can learn from the mistake that i have made and improve it next time.

The Challenge of Practicum

During the practicum, i faced some challenge that is : Language. This is the most challenging things for me, because not all the students can speak English. furthermore, the students can not understand the mathematical language that are different in english. But because of the help from my mentor and the other teachers i can overcome that problems. Time duration, since in Indonesia for mathematics is 2x40 minutes for one meeting and in Thailand i only have 1x50 minutes, so i have to manage the time carefully. The last thing is, the food since i am a muslim, so i have to eat a halal food, and in Khon Kaen i was have a little trouble to find halal food, but my Thai friends and some of the Indonesian students were very helped to find the halal food.

Overall Impresions

I feel very grateful to be able to join this program. So many experience that i got from this program, i learned a lot from the teachers, my friends, and even the students. I am very grateful to be surrounded by a lot of good peoples during this program. Especially my friends (Vivi, Deborah, Dan, Yoshika and Suzuka). I hope i can apply what i get from this program for the future. I also thankful because the math teachers including my mentor and the students teacher (Team) are very humble to me, they always helped me.

Suggestion For Future Improvement

  1. Don't be worried about the language, because we can learn
  2. Prepare everything before you do something, like you have to prepare the lesson plan before you teach.
  3. Never stop to learn something new
  4. Before we go abroad we need to learn the basic language they have and learn their culture

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cultural Excursion

Teaching Practice